Having ticked off everything on my paid work project ‘to do’ list, I am waiting for everyone else to produce their goods before I can move on. I find myself at liberty to paddle my own canoe for the rest of the day. What luxury!
If I could paddle a real canoe today, I’d need to wrap up warmly from the inside out. Does anyone remember these lovelies, the Liberty Bodice? I have vague recollections of being encased in one to prevent chilled kidneys in the Winter. What about the rest of me? Was it not in danger of suffering refrigeration while I played in the snow? What was so special about kidneys, that they must be kept toasty warm at all times?
I digress, but then, I have the freedom to wander off at a tangent. That’s liberty for you.
Have a wonderful Monday xx
#JusJoJan rules of engagement.
Here are the general rules to follow for Just Jot it January:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post the daily prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5), every day except for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness (SoCS) prompt–you’ll find that one on Friday morning at 9:30am. That daily post (i.e. this one) will be where you leave your link for others to find in the comment section. There will be a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday.
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will appear at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link or close to your pingback.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.