“Fantastic” – what a great word for today’s prompt. As luck would have it, I was listening to the “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” film score by James Newton Howard. My favourite part is the scene in the kitchen where a delicious meal is created in truly fantastic way in both senses of the word. The strudel looks mouth-wateringly magnificent, but the whole meal is conjured up in a manner improbable for us mere Muggles/No-maj. I’d love to be able to rustle up a meal like that.
I will content myself with my own version of kitchen magic, bread baking. There’s a delicious smell of baking bread emanating from my kitchen right now – I hope the wholemeal, seeded loaf turns out fantastic. I’ll know soon.
Have a magnificent Monday xx
Here are the guidelines for taking part –
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post the daily prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5), every day except for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness (SoCS) prompt–you’ll find that one on Friday morning at 9:30am. That daily post (i.e. this one) will be where you leave your link for others to find in the comment section. There will be a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday.
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will appear at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link or close to your pingback.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!