As some of you know from last week’s JusJoJan challenge, Cost centre 2 (CC2, aka my youngest) is heading off into the big wide world on Tuesday, visiting Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. His journey begins on Monday, leaving just two days till the big day.
At this point you might have expected some clothing to be packed, even just a pair of swim shorts. But no. Not a thing, unless you count headphones and a battery charge! I’ve tried the whole “He’s twenty years old, let him do it himself.” approach without success. Then I switched tack to the “Here are the laundry baskets. Sort the clothes you are taking into lights and darks and I’ll do the rest.” method.
The baskets remained empty.
Yesterday, in desperation, a raid was mounted on his room while he was out. I needed cast-iron guts to sort out the mountains of washing. Six loads later, yes, six, all the laundry is done. The poor washing machine!
Meanwhile, with his bedroom considerably emptier, hubby and I have decided to redecorate CC2’s room while he’s travelling. All the furniture except the workstation needs replacing. The carpet is a disaster, and as for the paintwork, the less said about that, the better.
By the end of today, CC2’s bag will be packed, his visa photos sorted out, and tickets printed. In other words, he’ll be ready for launch.
The same could not be said for me. I have a feeling I’ll be a tear-stained mess. Must remember to stock up on tissues today!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!