My couch to 5K challenge has not only encouraged me to get my butt in gear and move, it has also forced me to take a critical look at my food intake.
Being menopausal means I can no longer eat the way I used to and expect my body to function well. She needs a different fuel mix to stay healthy and mobile. Wave bye-bye to refined carbs and hello to wholegrain pasta and rice (in moderation) and home-baked seeded bread.
Speaking of moving (sorry, I couldn’t stop myself!) … here’s another of my smoothie recipes to keep the innards working like clockwork.
Cath’s Green Gut Blaster
- 1/2 avocado
- fistful of chopped carrot
- fistful spinach
- fistful kale
- tbs milled seeds (same mix as yesterday’s smoothie)
- 1 portion protein powder (see the pack for portion size)
- 4 chopped prunes (you may need to alter the portion size if the effects are a little too strong!)
- Water, enough to make the smoothie pourable
And here’s the unexpected bonus… my hair, skin and nails are in top condition according to my beauty therapist.Healthy inside and out.
Happy Friday Eve everyone xx