Damn and blast! My eyesight has outgrown the length of my arms! I try hard not to wear glasses unless I have to. Vanity, thy name is Cath!
I carry a pair in my handbag in case I need to read something and can’t enlarge the text. I am forever losing them off the top of my head where I park them when I don’t need them. I have dropped them repeatedly on the hard tiled kitchen floor. The lenses survived but the frame was dented. I’ve also nearly dropped them down the loo! My Jedi reflexes saved them from an impromptu swim.
I’ve finally given in and been fitted for a pair of varifocals so no more sticking them on my head and forgetting about them! Once the eye exam was complete the optician dialed in the new lenses into the machine and placed a book in front of me. To my surprise I can now read the fine print.
I hope hubby likes them. It will be tough luck if he doesn’t. I’ve ordered a very purple frame with tiny little crystals embedded in the legs. Well, a girl has to have her sparkles.
I wonder how long it will take me to get used to keeping the blooming things on all the time? Will I be nodding up and down till I find the right bit of the lens to look through? Interesting times ahead I think.
Here are Linda‘s guideline to participating in the regular Saturday fun.
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!