Do you bring back a little treasure, something typical from the area you’ve just visited? I do. I can’t help it. I like a reminder of sunnier times or places special to me. My work station is littered with them.
- A pebble from the beach at Tintagel
- Kevin the Minion from Universal Studios
- An elephant keyring brought back from Cost Centre 2’s travels in South East Asia
- A purple quill pen (with interchangeable nibs!) from Venice
- Bertie Bott’s Every-flavoured Beans from Hogsmede
- A scarab beetle painted on papyrus from Aswan
It’s a wonder there’s room for my laptop!
Not every memento is an ornament. Some of them are in use nearly every day: crystals from Boscastle Museum of Witchcraft and essential oils from a tiny shop in Mevagissey.
As I have no idea where we are travelling to this year, I can’t plan what I want to bring back.
Have a fun Monday xx